People, especially the female gender, are becoming more cautious about their expanding waistline and the increased instances of the body’s metabolic reactions. It has suddenly dawned on us—both genders inclusive—that our daily actions can either contribute to the metabolic disorder causing cancer, diabetes, and others or make us stay fit. As a result, issues like Weight loss Yoga for women have become a recent point of discussion.
It’s easy to believe—based on what you see—that yoga is only a set of exercises that focus on holding specific postures for a few seconds. However, as we know it today, yoga has been an ancient form of exercise that constitutes a way of living, focusing on rejuvenating the spirit, soul, and body.
If you have only observed from a distance, you could never have attributed yoga to be a useful tool for weight loss. You would probably think, like many, that it’s a regime for people who are already-fit but want to build body flexibility. However, when you understand the different yoga poses’ mechanism, it can be gratifying and affirmative of its efficacy towards weight loss.
Benefits of Yoga for Women Weight Loss
Besides feeding on the wrong diet, weight gain also emanates from not putting the various body functions to work. Rusted body muscles tend to expend over time and thus lead to weight gain. Yoga, on the other hand, has some basic practice that forms its base, with the aim of balancing, cleansing, and rejuvenation the body’s inner organs and how they function.
So, let’s forget about the sweating, pain, starving, and other rigorous training we tend to do to burn off calories. Most importantly, the starving part and let’s switch to a more active, calm, and effective method for weight loss, which is to practice several Weight loss Yoga for women pose.
Not only that:
- Your Senses are Always On
Yoga is an art that seeks to control and tame your mind and conscious sense, making them active all day long. That way, you become watchful of your food intake, the diet you follow, and the number of calories you take. Therefore, yoga contributes a significant part in your weight loss journey.
- You Acquire Sufficient Sleep
Sleep is, no doubt, a contributor to weight gain. Less of rest and much of it affects the body significantly. Taking Weight loss Yoga for women poses as an everyday practice helps you acquire sufficient sleep in a balanced way, not too much and not too little sleep.
- Calm and Active
Yoga may be, by intention, a way to calm the mind; however, it’s both beneficial to your mind and body. Considering that losing weight requires rigorous energy to burn fat, yoga been a series of grace exercises is one of the ways also to lose weight.
- Anxiety Control and Stress Management
Yoga practices are the best method for anxiety control and stress management. The various yoga pose promotes happy hormones and reduces stress hormones. We tend to eat a lot when we feel stressed or tired; therefore, managing stress through yoga reduces stress eating habits.
Which Type of Yoga Is Best for Weight Loss?
If your goal is to lose some weight through yoga, it’s best to choose a vigorous, flowing, and weight loss yoga for women at home style. Example of such is Trikonasana or extended triangle poses. Yoga poses like that focus on cardiovascular benefit. They make you burn calories, stretch your muscles, and a way to exercise your bone.
The form of yoga poses help in increasing your body’s metabolic reaction and heart rate. They are not just right for your physical fitness but also for the overall health of your body. Yoga poses are a holistic package for weight loss, beginning from within. The belief is, once you’re healed from within, the focus then turns towards the outer body. You can see the difference spiritually, mentally, and physically.
5 Yoga Poses for Weight Loss Women
Now that you know how yoga works and helps burn calories is important to look into various cardinal yoga poses that are perfect for the journey. Therefore, to create the version you have always dreamed, the best version of you, here are a few Weight loss Yoga for women poses:
This yoga pose enhances your muscle strength and torn up your core. It is a whole-body exercise that promotes strengthens your muscles and body metabolism. Therefore, it’s capable of burning down more calories and promotes weight loss.
Here is how to do it:
- Pick up your yoga mat and sit straight on it with your leg extended
- Next, bend your knees
- Then, lift your feet off the floor such that your shin becomes parallel to the floor
- Now, stretch forth your hand and make it parallel to the floor
- Hold on to the pose for 30 seconds or more
- Then, release and repeat it for five or more times.
Just as the name suggests, the pose imitates warriors. Have you ever seen Japanese or Chinese warriors in combat with their swords? Well, maybe not physically, but how about in movies? Oh, now you get. That’s what this pose is about making it a perfect Weight loss Yoga for women.
Here is how to do it:
- Stand straight and ensure your feet are together
- Stretch your leg apart back and forth
- Now bend the knee of the leg in front and keep the back leg parallel to the floor
- Next is to raise your hand over your head
- Hold on to the pose for as long as you can
- Now switch the sides and repeat it as many times as you can
Trikonasana or Triangle
This pose here is highly beneficial for various types of health issues. Though it contributes to weight loss, its contribution is indirect. It reduces fat deposits in the belly by enhancing digestion. Therefore, it is the best yoga pose for reducing belly fat.
Here is how to do it;
- Stand straight with your hands over your head
- Now, widen your leg to the right and left
- While your leg remains opened, stretch yourself down and let one of your hands touch your feet
- Your other hand raise straight to face the ceiling or the sky and make your face look up as well
- Hold on to the pose for 5 or 6 seconds and repeat the process
- Now return to the starting point and repeat on the other side
The Cobra Pose
This yoga pose is also known as Bhujangasana, and just as the name suggests, it has an affiliation to a snake’s pose. It is an excellent Weight loss Yoga for women, focusing on reducing the fat of the upper body and stretching the abdominal muscles. It is, therefore, not recommended for pregnant women.
Here are the steps for cobra pose
- Lie on the mat facing down. Let your feet lay flat on the floor, and your palms touch down to either side
- Press the floor with both your hands and ensure your fingers are just below your shoulder muscles
- Slightly and slowly pull your shoulders backward
- Focus your attention on your abs, bending back more with belly button towards your spine
- Keep your feet, hips, and hands firmly on the floor.
- Then lift your upper torso while you keep your chin upwards.
- Hold it for about four to five breaths.
- With each exhale, push yourself higher.
Frankly speaking, this pose is a hard nut to crack, especially if you are a beginner in this weight loss journey, but it’s not impossible. Do you want rock hard abs? Then, this pose is what will get you towards the body shape you desire, and it’s also one of the best poses for weight loss.
Here is how to do it;
- Sit with your legs stretched out in front of you
- Place your hand behind you, your palms lying flat on the floor and your fingers pointing towards your body.
- Then, prepare to raise your body slowly; your feet remain on the floor and your palm.
- Raise your body as much as you can and keep the position for about 30 seconds
This pose might feel a bit hard at the first try, but the more you do it, the easier it becomes.
Best Online Yoga Workout for Weight Loss for Women
You can have the best online yoga workout for weight loss for women programs online. They offer various easy-to-take sections to guide you through the weight loss journey. Some of these programs are free while you may have to subscribe to some others.
If you are a beginner, what you should look out for includes how easy it is to practice the yoga poses for weight loss women the program offers.If you are not just starting, then your concern should be around the ability of the program to meet up with your practice level. You don’t need a program that takes you back to the beginner level.
It is, therefore, best tomake research about any program before you join any online yoga workout program for weight loss.
Frequently Asked Questions
YES, yoga potentially increases your rate of fat loss, develops your muscle tone, and helps you build body flexibility. The end result of it all is that you gain a lean-looking physique and gives you your desired body shape.
The Weight loss Yoga for women poses suggested above do work and can get you the body size you’ve always desired. However, it takes consistency to see the desired result. Set a goal and don’t stop until you hit the mark.
Boat pose and several other pose are an effective yoga pose targeted at reducing belly fat. They help tone your abdominal area while some improves your rate of digestion and breakdown of food.
Research result has revealed that women, with rigorous practice of yoga for up to a month, can lose about 12kg of weight. Therefore, the question is, how much weight do you want to lose? Then get to work, doing rigorous and consistent yoga practice. Overtime, you’ll lose as much weight as you want to lose.